This recipe makes 8-10 awesome pancakes, 4 if you have a large enough frying pan. they are so light and fluffy they just melt in your mouth. If you are after a more dense/heavy pancake switch the self raising flour to plain flour, I prefer to eat the light ones makes me feel less guilty about coming back for thirds.
This recipe is so simple even my 5 year old could do it, but he cant really reach the stove top so I will update when hes grown a foot.
- 1 ½ cups Self raising flour
- 2 tbls Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ¼ cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbls Vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- Pour in the milk.
- Add the 2 eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Mix until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- Cook in a frying pan on medium, flipping when bubbles appear on the surface.
Makes approx. 8 to 10