I had been looking everywhere for the perfect brownie recipe, I finally found it 5 months ago. I have changed it slightly, this recipe will now work in a normal sized deep baking pan. So many more brownies! who could complain about that?
- 400g Butter
- 400g Dark chocolate
- 2 cups Brown sugar
- 6 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Plain flour
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170oC and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together, you can use the microwave. Let cool slightly to not cook the eggs.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract to the melted butter and chocolate and mix together until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Cook in the oven for between 25min to 30min depending how gooey you like the brownies.
- If brownie mix still looks too wet bake longer but check every 1-2min, you want the centre to still have a jiggle to it.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes then turn out onto a wire cooling rack.