I came up with this recipe when I got home for work and we were all hungry and my wife was sick in bed, I thought I would make her some chicken soup but turns out we had no meat in the house. It’s called pizza soup because the kids said it tasted like their favorite pizza, I hope you enjoy.
- 3 x small potatoes
- 3 x small sweet potatoes
- 4 x slices pumpkin (keep these 3 ingredients relatively the same quantity, or not whatever)
- 1 x onion
- 4 x cloves of garlic
- Rosemary and Thyme
- A handful of roasted capsicum (Aldi sell it in HUGE jars, or roast it yourself)
- 500ml chicken stock or vegetable if so inclined
The How To:
- Fire up a fry pan and oil the hell out of it, fill a saucepan with water and start it boiling.
- peel all veggies and cut to similar size, crush garlic, throw into a bowl and season with salt, pepper and some good olive oil.
- throw potatoes into the boiling water and salt them, all other veggies not the capsicum (that will be used with the stock) throw into the frying pan on med high heat, get them all nice and brown. It will smell amazing as soon as you chuck them in but wait 5-10min you will see and smell that they are ready.
- After 10min the potatoes will be partially cooked and so will the veggies in the pan, they will look like that just over there, see so pretty. When ready to put into the oven spread them on a baking sheet and roast at 220 deg.C for about 20 min.
- While the veggies are in the oven time to start on the stock, pour all the stock into a saucepan, chuck in the capsicum (I only chucked them in cause I grabbed them from the jar and had nowhere to put them so I was making a massive mess, turned out awesome though!) throw in the herbs, bring to a boil and let simmer on low with the lid on.
- Bring out the veggies TURN OFF the oven (I always forget). combine the veggies and stock (If using fresh herbs remove the stems before combining) and blend until smooth.
And BAM you just made pizza soup, it is also baby approved so yeah its good, hopefully yours look as good if not better than mine.